I am Research Director at NIESR in London and a Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick. I am also a Distinguished Professor of Economics at UCLA. You can find links here to my books, my published papers, my working papers and my CV as a pdf file. I also write a blog, Roger Farmer's Economic Window where I post thoughts, comments and op ed pieces.
The University of Warwick, NIESR, the Bank of England and CFM are running a conference on July 4th-5th on the application of behavioral economics and multiple equilibrium models to macroeconomics. Here is a link to the CALL FOR PAPERS.
- "Qualitative easing: a new tool for the stabilisation of financial markets: The John Flemming Memorial Lecture" Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, December Q4, pages 405-413, 2013
- "The Natural Rate Hypothesis: An idea past its sell-by-date" Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, September Q3, pages 244-256, 2013
New Working Papers
- Here is a link to a review essay I wrote on Mervyn King's book, The End of Alchemy for the Journal of Economic Literature
- Post Keynesian DSGE Theory, This new paper is a call for unity between New-Keynesians and Post-Keynesians.
- Pricing Assets in an Economy with Two Types of People, This paper explains how asset price volatility may be driven by non-fundamental shocks.
- Animal Spirits in a Monetary Economy, UPDATED: February 10th 2017 Joint with Konstantin Platonov of UCLA. This paper is about how to do IS-LM analysis properly
- The Theory of Unconventional Monetary Policy, Joint with Pawel Zabczyk of the Bank of England. Ben Bernanke said that QE works in practice but not in theory. We show here why it works in theory.