I am a macroeconomist in the Department of Economics at UCLA with a visiting appointment at Warwick University in the UK. You can find links here to my books, my published papers, my working papers and my CV as a pdf file. I also write a blog, Roger Farmer's Economic Window where I post occasional thoughts, comments and op ed pieces.
- "Qualitative easing: a new tool for the stabilisation of financial markets: The John Flemming Memorial Lecture" Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, December Q4, pages 405-413, 2013
- "The Natural Rate Hypothesis: An idea past its sell-by-date" Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, September Q3, pages 244-256, 2013
New Working Papers
- Pricing Assets in an Economy with Two Types of People, This paper explains how asset price volatility may be driven by non-fundamental shocks.
- Animal Spirits in a Monetary Economy, Joint with Konstantin Platonov of UCLA. This paper is about how to do IS-LM analysis properly
- The Theory of Unconventional Monetary Policy, Joint with Pawel Zabczyk of the Bank of England. Ben Bernanke said that QE works in practice but not in theory. We show here why it works in theory.