I am Research Director at NIESR in London and a Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick. I am also an Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Economics at UCLA. You can find links here to my books, my published papers, my working papers and my CV as a pdf file. I also write a blog, Roger Farmer's Economic Window where I post thoughts, comments and op ed pieces.
I am on the Management Team of Rebuilding Macroeconomics, an ESRC sponsored Network Plus located at NIESR. I am also a co-leader of the Instability hub along with Jean-Philippe Bouchaud of École Polytechnique. Rebuilding Macroeconomics is charged with funding creative new ideas in macroeconomics that are relevant for economic policy. Watch out on this space for calls for proposals.
Forthcoming Conference 2018
On July 9th - 10th this year I will be running a conference at the Bank of England on "Economics and Psychology: New ways of thinking about economic policy". Ben Broadbent will be opening the conference and Seppo Honkapohja, former Governor of the Bank of Finland, and a leader in the field of learning in economics, and Vítor Constâncio, Vice President of the European Central Bank, will be keynote speakers. The Conference Dinner will be hosted by Silvana Tenreyro, LSE Professor and member of the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee.
- The Role of Financial Policy, forthcoming 2018, Review of Keynesian Economics.
- Asset Pricing in a Perpetual Youth Model forthcoming 2018, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Keynesian Economics without the Phillips Curve, joint with Giovanni Nicolò, forthcoming 2018, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
- The End of Alchemy; by Mervyn King, a Review Essay. forthcoming 2018, Journal of Economic Literature 2018.
- This paper remains a favourite of mine and is well worth a read. The Natural Rate Hypothesis: An idea past its sell-by-date Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, September Q3, pages 244-256, 2013